This is a self-paced course following the BCIA didactic for Neurofeedback certification. This course is intended for professionals interested in applying evidence-based applications of Neurofeedback. Presenters will discuss the latest research and evidence for Neurofeedback as a therapy tool for ADHD and sleep problems, focusing on the importance of QEEG in personalising therapy programs.
Self-paced online course
This is a self-paced course intended for practitioners, therapists or researchers interested in applying evidence-based applications of Neurofeedback. Presenters will discuss the latest research and evidence for Neurofeedback as a therapy tool for ADHD and sleep problems, focusing on the importance of QEEG in personalising therapy programs and discussing relevant theory.
Participants will gain familiarity with evidence-based Neurofeedback protocols: Theta/Beta, SMR (Sensory Motor Rhythm) and SCP (Slow Cortical Potentials). A further component of the course is to demonstrate how simple, wearable Actigraphy Sleep Assessments can inform our interpretation of QEEG and devise an appropriate neurofeedback therapy program.
Case studies and clinical embedding will be discussed with a focus on the treatment of ADHD and Insomnia.
There are 17 recorded lessons in this course, which are followed by a test for each lesson. There is also a collection of practical demonstration lessons at the end of the course.
- Neuroanatomy and History of the EEG (13 mins)
- Neurophysiological Basis of the EEG (19 mins)
- Basic technical aspects of the EEG (20 mins)
- History of Neurofeedback (23 mins)
- Neurofeedback conditioning principles (23 mins)
- Neurofeedback in ADHD: Three standard protocols (17 mins)
- Neurofeedback in ADHD: Weighing the evidence (33 mins)
- Other applications of Neurofeedback: Clinical & Peak Performance (18 mins)
- The role of Sleep in ADHD (29 mins)
- ADHD and Sleep treatment (25 mins)
- Personalized medicine and QEEG (21 mins)
- QEEG informed Neurofeedback: Introduction (20 mins)
- QEEG informed Neurofeedback: Application (36 mins)
- Neurofeedback and Vigilance Regulation (22 mins)
- Clinical Embedding: Intake & Analysis (47 mins)
- Clinical Embedding: Neurofeedback Treatment (38 mins)
- New Advances in Neurofeedback & other Neuromodulation Techniques (19 mins)
- Preparing Protocol: Setting a (Frequency Band) Neurofeedback Filter
- Electrode Preparation: Marking Fz & FCz
- Electrode Preparation: Marking C4
- Electrode Preparation: Electrode Placement
- Alpha Check
- EOG Check
- Setting Thresholds: Theta/beta reinforcement rates
- Setting Thresholds: SMR reinforcement rates and duration
- Beta-down reinforcement rates
- Marking CZ
- SCP Neurofeedback with THERAPRAX Mobile
For this self-paced course, we have estimated the following time commitment:
- 12 hours to view all lesson presentations
- 3 hours to complete all tests (subsequent to the lesson presentation)
- 15 hours of additional recommended reading material
Course registration is valid for 6 months. You must complete all lessons in this time to maintain consistency of study, ensure understanding of course material and to prepare yourself adequately for your practical training.
This course accounts for 170 points towards your neuroCademy profile
Participants will receive a “Neurofeedback in ADHD & Insomnia: Theoretical Component” Certificate upon successful completion of all lessons in this course (see below for practical component).
For lessons with a test, an 80% pass of the test is required to advance to the next lesson. The test can be repeated as many times as needed. Each lesson includes a recorded video presentation and accompanying learning materials.
The course is designed as lessons to be completed in sequence. You will need to watch the presentation in full in order to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants have the option of advancing to in-person practical training. In-person training sessions are regularly provided by neuroCare Clinics (Germany, Netherlands, Australia). Please visit www.neurocademy.com or write to email@example.com for further details.